To write any kind of the academic paper, you will have to gather the data. There are two possible ways or research methodologies to gather the data. One is known as qualitative research methodology and the second is known as a quantitative research methodology. If we have selected qualitative research methodology, then we will have to gather the data from the primary sources. On the other hand, if we have selected quantitative research methodology, then we will have to gather the data from the secondary resources. Anyhow, here we will discuss the quantitative research methodology. If you are not able to gather the data by using the quantitative research methodology, then you can get help from the academic writing services.
Objectives or purposes of quantitative research methodology
There are a lot of purposes to gather the data by selecting the quantitative research methodology. Some of them are given below;
1) The first purpose of quantitative research methodology is to quantify the data. For this reason, we will have to achieve the generalize results from the sample of the population according to our own interest.
2) The second purpose is to measure the views and opinions regarding that sample.
3) The third purpose of the quantitative research is to further explore the findings of the previous research.
4) With the help of the quantitative research, it is easy for us to recommend a final course of action for our academic paper.
5) This is considered as a structured technique to gather the data. For this reason, we can gather the data from the online questionnaires and telephonic interviews.
Things to keep in mind while gathering the data by using the quantitative research methodology
You should be very careful while gathering the data by using the quantitative research methodology. The most important things that you should keep in mind are given below;
1) You should try to explain all the data that you have gathered by using the quantitative research methodology.
2) During the data collection, there is a possibility of occurrence some unanticipated events. You should try to provide a report of these unanticipated events.
3) You should also try to explain the possible techniques that you have used for the data analyzing the process.
4) You should try to avoid inferring causality.
5) To provide the exact values, you should try to provide all the figures and tables.
The basic research design for the quantitative research methodology
The basic research design of the quantitative research methodology consists of the five components. These components are explained below;
1) First of all, there comes the introduction in which you will have to identify the research problem, to provide a literature review, and to describe the theoretical framework.
2) In the second, there comes the methodology. In the methodology, you will have to provide a complete detail about the study population, data collection, and data analysis.
3) Thirdly, there comes the results and findings of the quantitative research methodology. In this section, you should try to provide a statistical analysis of these results and findings.
4) Fourthly, there comes the introduction in which you will have to interpret the results, to describe the trends, to discuss the implications, and to describe the limitations of the research.
5) At last, there comes the conclusion in which you will have to provide an idea about the summary of the findings, recommendations, and future research.